Friday, March 7, 2014

A Grandchild, a Grandson

Today is a special day for my wife, Ginny, and me. Today, unto us a child is born. And his name is called wonderful, at least by us. Actually, today at 1:30 pm, a 6 lb. 11 oz. son was born to our much-loved son, Adam, and our much-loved daughter-in-law, Nilofer. His name is called Luke Alexander Hudson. And he is our first grandchild. We could not be happier.


The only thing on our minds is to travel to California to drink in and celebrate the first sight of the next generation of our respective families. For surely, Nilofer's Mom, Dad and brother feel just as we do. Please pray for Ginny, that the flu that has held her captive, confined her for over four weeks, would give way to healing and health, that we might travel to see Luke Alexander without bringing with us illness.
 
My apologies to those for whom I owe a response today. I was consumed most of the day with seasonal activities here in Naples--in this case, the NCWA Model United Nations competition for high school students. Then upon returning home, I started to receive the wonderful pictures of mother and son. And he does appear wonderful to me. But I will respond when I can catch my breath and contain my joy.
 
Lifting up my peace and joy to you all,
Greg

No comments: